Paperwork, visa advice, documents & overland moto permits
MotoExplorers can assist with all aspects of the pre-ride planning, paperwork, travel permits, as well as guiding you through the correct processes for border crossing & customs procedures, including:
- Visa advice, letters of invitation for Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan & China
- Border formalities, paperwork for temporary importation of foreign registered vehicles and motorcycles
- Customs regulations and customs bonds for China, Laos & Thailand (in Lei of Carnet)
- Motorcycle and vehicle documentation, organising necessary overland travel permits for China, Laos, Thailand
- Insurances; what’s required and where/how to obtain third party motorcycle insurance, from Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Thailand
- Freight services and the required paperwork, into / to/from; China, Bangkok Thailand, Europe & UK
MotoExplorers can guide you smoothly through the whole process, from start to finish.
MotoExplorers have direct first hand experience of all the above noted procedures, organising and supporting our own overland expeditions to China since 2009. We are also familiar with the main motorcycle routes and procedures through Laos and Thailand, as well as the new travel regulations implemented in 2016 which stipulate foreign vehicles must obtain travel permits from a government registered agency, which also requires a strict procedure for complying with the necessary documents and travel procedures prior to entering from overland borders.
MotoExplorers have licensed in-Country tour agency partners to assist with all governmental departments, organising the necessary travel permits, traffic police formalities, moto insurances, customs clearances as well as guide and support services as required to transit with foreign registered vehicles and motorcycles through; China, Laos and Thailand. We also organise the necessary border transit documentation for Kyrgyzstan.
We look forward to hearing from you, please get in touch with any questions.